A couple of changes are going to go into effect beginning this week.
1. The first and important one is the loss of one of our ladies coach. Lauren "Sharpie" Sharp has been in much discussion with her family and has decided to return to school in Weatherford to pursue a medical degree. She will be missed, she had a huge impact on the girls she coached and was a good leader and role model for them. She was learning every day on how to coach and being a leader from the side lines as well as she did on the pitch when she played at Texas A&M.
We still have Jacey to help out with the ladies, but that will also be in a limited facility because she has completed her rehab of a knee injury and will be making her debut back as a player later this month. She will still be with us for Wednesday and Friday practices.
2. After some discussion with the ladies, we have decided to combine the Men and Women's practice on Monday evenings. There will be no cross contact between the men and women, we thought that we might be able to work everyone at the same high intensity if they all worked together.
3. Technically we have 4 weeks of practice and rugby matches.
The guys have 4 matches (3 league, 1 Friendly) in January and February.
The ladies have 3 league matches in that same time frame.
4. UT Dallas will be hosting the Lonestar Conference Championship on March 1 & 2. This will be a 2 day 2 game playoff, championship weekend. As we finalize the details, they will be posted to this web site and facebook.
The NSCRO "Cowboy Cup" which we hosted last spring will be played in Austin and hosted by St. Edward's University, this will be March 22nd and 23rd. More details will be posted as we get nearer.
5. On the schedule, the Men was to play Midwestern State University (MSU) this coming weekend (1/18/14), but that match has been rescheduled for 2/15/14. This is so that MSU can recruit players that they lost due to graduation.
The Women have their first match of 2014 in San Antonio against UT San Antonio. The match will kick off at 4pm to allow the ladies time to get to San Antonio. As I get/know more details about this match, I'll post them as well as directions to this game.