The match kick off at 2:00pm, and from the beginning of the match I could sense a difference in the lads mentally, they were more focused, loose and ready to have some fun. They tackled every MSU player in possession of the ball, and just about every one of those tackles were the kind that drove the ball carrier backwards, that player may not have hit the deck, but because he was going backwards, it made things more difficult for MSU to sustain any kind of attack.
The UT Dallas got the ball and the Tries (flood gates) started coming. The backs took full advantage of mistakes and missed tackles and because the tries came so fast and furious I'm only going to list who scored and when.
1. Dominic Prestia started it out in the 9th minute of the match with a beautiful run, with a few side steps he was in for the first try, Vince Dutton made the conversion.
2. Marc Hudak then scored in the 12th minute with another sweet run up the far touch line, Vince made another conversion.
3. Alejandro Chinchilla scored in the 23rd minute, Vince made another conversion
4. Marc Hudak scored again in the 28th min., Vince made another conversion
5. Vince decided to score a try himself in the 31st min., and he converted his try.
6. Nathan Sohadaseni scored in the 38 minute, Vince with yet another conversion.
7. Anthony Paradowski finally got the forwards involved and scored his first Try of the year in injury time, 40th min. and Vince's streak of consecutive conversions finally came to an end. He wasn't able to slot this one through, he may have been tired??? The half came to a close, UT Dallas 47, Midwestern St. 0.
The second half became the match I thought we would have seen in the first half. MSU was grinding, UTD was tackling everything. When we got good possession, we did good things with the ball, but MSU's defense really got a whole lot tougher in this half. Both teams moved up and down the field with a series of good passing and hard running. In this half MSU managed to score 4 Tries, and missed each conversion, and this mountain of points that UT Dallas had amassed was too much to overcome. Then in the closing minutes (75th) of the game, Nathan Sohadaseni found a crease in the MSU defense and scored the final Try of the game and Vince bounced back to make this conversion. The final score UT Dallas 54, MSU 20.
The line up for this match is: 1. Josef Velten, 2. AJ Paradowski, 3. Erbold Uran, 4. John Bradshaw, 5. Weston Hearne, 6. Jacob Byrd, 7. Zachary Ussery, 8. Steven Hale, 9. Cameron Broussard, 10. Vince Dutton, 11. Alejandro Chinchilla, 12. Dominic Prestia, 13. Nathan Sodadaseni, 14. Marc Hudak, 15. Steven Shaffer
Reserves: Jimmy Chi replaced (1) Josef in the 55th minute. Dwight replaced (4) John in the 60th min. Luke Taran replaced (9) Cameron in the 60th min. Ross Chan replaced (15) Steven in the 60th min. Chad replaced (12) Dominic, Brandon replaced (13) Nathan, Richard Clubine replaced (14) Marc and Parker Hannah replaced (11) Alejandro, Stephen Boeding replaced (10) Vince in the 70th minute.
There won't be any more practice for the lads until they come back from winter break next year and we'll finish up this portion of our season with a fall banquet, info to follow.
I'd like to take this time to thank each of the players who has committed himself to this club, his school, the game to make all this come out and have the kind of season we're experiencing. They have worked hard to get to where they are and if the second half of the season is like the first half we're really going to have some fun, but thank you parents, family, friends, players anyone and everyone who has some stake in this club, it's been